Case Studies and Reports
Case Study: HealthSparq Treatment Cost Estimator Case Study – The Power of Price Transparency. Nearly $50 Million in Potential Cost Savings Shown When Health Plan Members Shop for Healthcare.
Research Report: Health Insurance Plans and Transparency: an Industry Benchmark - HealthSparq commissioned a first-of-its-kind benchmark study of healthcare transparency sentiment and plans as reported by health plan executives nationwide. The research was conducted by The Cicero Group, a respected independent market research firm in the healthcare industry.
The Case for Online Shopping for Healthcare Services – As healthcare costs continue to rise, consumers who face increasing out-of-pocket costs are highly motivated to find ways to better manage their healthcare spend.
U.S. HEALTHCARE REFORM: The Call for Greater Cost and Quality Transparency. This 8-page document from HealthSparq details how healthcare reform relates to the need for increased transparency within the industry as a way to bring down costs and meet consumer demand.
The HealthSparq Value Chain – Bringing Online Shopping to Healthcare – HealthSparq’s cloud-based software solutions are rewriting the way people interact with the healthcare system – turning passive patients into empowered consumers.
Healthcare Transparency Stats from Health Plan Executives – How the call for greater cost and quality transparency will affect health insurance plans.
The Case for Online Shopping for Healthcare Services – The argument for online healthcare shopping.
On-Demand Webinar Recordings
PBJ Webinar: Reducing Healthcare Expenses and How to Make it Work for Your Company - One solution for controlling costs is offering high deductible health plans paired with health savings accounts. But to make these kinds of health plans really effective, employees must be equipped with tools that engage them in the cost and quality of their own healthcare decision making.
The New Transparency Marketplace: How Health Plans Are Preparing - New laws require your plan to adopt cost-comparison tools. But many health plans are implementing additional capabilities to leverage a transparency investment. In this webinar, healthcare experts from HTMS will share the strategies leading health plans are adopting, and outline key elements of competitive transparency strategies.
Meeting Member Demand for Healthcare Services Shopping - The average annual employee contribution for family healthcare has doubled between 2002 and 2012. With these higher healthcare costs comes the expectation of comparison shopping. As health plans are realizing this paradigm shift in their members’ buying expectations, many are starting to act. Will your organization be left behind?
Meeting Your Members’ Demand for Online Healthcare Shopping - Consumer expectations for comparison shopping are coming to healthcare. Many health plans are paying attention to this paradigm shift and starting to act. The competitive pressure is on. Will your organization be left behind?
Meeting Member’s Provider Search Demands in the Post-directory Era - Increasingly, consumers are expecting a more personalized approach – one that assists with their decision making process. Learn how other health plans are implementing “smart” provider search and hear how other plans around the country are meeting their members’ demands for capabilities in their online provider search tools.
Driving Consumer Healthcare Cost Reduction Through Comparison Shopping - Cambia Health Solutions’ Chief Innovation Officer, Mohan Nair, reveals how HealthSparq’s Treatment Cost Estimator (TCE) is used by health plans and consumers to realize substantial cost savings via comparison shopping for healthcare services.
Responding to Employer Pressure for More Engaging Transparency Solutions - In this special employer-focused webinar you will learn how to build a successful employer transparency solution by seeing sepcific examples of how other employers have been successful in building theirs.
Responding to Employer Pressure for More Engaging Transparency Solutions (Presented exclusively to Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans)- In this exclusive webinar HealthSparq discusses a health-plan-friendly option to transparency vendors who are directly approaching your employer accounts, sometimes with the angle that you are not doing a good enough job engaging employees with transparency solutions.
Preparing for the Transparency Revolution - Recently more than 180 executives from over 100 U.S. Health Plans revealed how they will harness transparency tools to lower costs and better serve their members in the new 2013 Healthcare Transparency Study. View this webinar to ensure your health plan is prepared for transparency changes.
AHIP 360 Stage Presentation: How Consumer Knowledge Can Transform the Customer Experience - Scott Decker and Don Antonucci discuss healthcare trends and the importance of consumer knowledge in an evolving industry that is quickly becoming more transparent and empowering consumers to make more informed healthcare decisions.
Healthcare Transparency Solutions from HealthSparq - The healthcare system in the U.S. is in need of a transformation. As healthcare costs continue to rise, consumers need more information in order to make more informed healthcare decisions.
Transparency Best Practices with HealthSparq Solutions - During this webinar HealthSparq demonstrated how our healthcare transparency solutions engage health plan members and empower better healthcare decision making.
HealthSparq AHIP presentation: Healthcare Transparency Benchmark Study - Scott Decker offers feedback to health plans about how they can be more competitive in a changed reform environment.
How “My Blue Community” Drives Engagement for Blues - This webinar covers HealthSparq’s online health & wellness community.
- Three seek hospital seats August 1, 2014Physician and incumbent enter healthcare district race
- MedAssets Introduces New Supplier Services to Improve the Efficiency and Transparency of Healthcare July 31, 2014ATLANTA -- MedAssets today announced it plans to offer a new suite of supplier services designed to optimize procurement processes among all healthcare industry players. The new services will provide manufacturers ...
- Health Advocate™, Inc., Recognized by 16th Annual Web Health Awards for Pricing Transparency Tool July 30, 2014Awards recognize the nation’s best digital health resources. (PRWeb July 30, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/07/prweb12051629.htm
- Healthcare Value Network Members Share New Quarterly Results July 29, 2014Lean Principles and Peer-to-peer Learning Improve Patient Value (PRWeb July 29, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/07/prweb12020948.htm
- WiserTogether Achieves Full URAC Health Content Provider Accreditation July 22, 2014WASHINGTON, July 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- WiserTogether, Inc., which offers a healthcare information decision tool for consumers, announced today it was awarded full Health Content Provider accreditation from URAC, an independent, nonprofit organization that promotes healthcare excellence through its quality benchmarking programs. URAC accreditation is natio
- Press Release July 15, 2014Cegedim Relationship Management a technology information services company delivering innovation to help transform commercial compliance and medical operations in U.S. healthcare today announced the availability of a new analytics dashboard Transparency Insights which seamlessly integrates with its industry leading aggregate spend and transparency compliance
- Cegedim Relationship Management Announces Integrated Advanced Analytics for AggregateSpend360™ July 15, 2014Cegedim Relationship Management, a technology information services company delivering innovation to help transform commercial, compliance and medical operations in U.S. healthcare, today announced the availability of a new analytics dashboard, Transparency Insights, which seamlessly integrates with its industry leading aggregate spend and transparency compli
- SnapHealth Announces Shawn Fry as Chief Technology Architect July 14, 2014Fry joins executive team at SnapHealth to help achieve mission of bringing simplicity, transparency and access for consumers of healthcare services, which is otherwise opaque and disorganized, effecting lower-price health care services. (PRWeb July 14, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/07/prweb12013131.htm
- Global Animal Healthcare Market is Expected to Reach USD 41,929.1 Million by 2019: Transparency Market Research July 10, 2014Transparency Market Research has announced the addition of the "Animal Healthcare Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2014 - 2019" report to their offering. Browse the full report: http://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/animal-healthcare-industry.html . (PRWeb July 10, 2014) Read the full story at http://
- EZDoctor Enables and Empowers Consumers to Comparison Shop for Medical Services and Quickly Make Appointments Without ... July 8, 2014FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla., July 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- EZDoctor (https://ezdoctor.com/), the medical appointment booking site, has taken another step forward in its mission to improve healthcare in America. At last count, EZDoctor had pricing data for nearly 1 million doctors across the country. By providing a new level of transparency in the healthcare marketp