Case Studies and Reports
Case Study: HealthSparq Treatment Cost Estimator Case Study – The Power of Price Transparency. Nearly $50 Million in Potential Cost Savings Shown When Health Plan Members Shop for Healthcare.
Research Report: Health Insurance Plans and Transparency: an Industry Benchmark - HealthSparq commissioned a first-of-its-kind benchmark study of healthcare transparency sentiment and plans as reported by health plan executives nationwide. The research was conducted by The Cicero Group, a respected independent market research firm in the healthcare industry.
The Case for Online Shopping for Healthcare Services – As healthcare costs continue to rise, consumers who face increasing out-of-pocket costs are highly motivated to find ways to better manage their healthcare spend.
U.S. HEALTHCARE REFORM: The Call for Greater Cost and Quality Transparency. This 8-page document from HealthSparq details how healthcare reform relates to the need for increased transparency within the industry as a way to bring down costs and meet consumer demand.
The HealthSparq Value Chain – Bringing Online Shopping to Healthcare – HealthSparq’s cloud-based software solutions are rewriting the way people interact with the healthcare system – turning passive patients into empowered consumers.
Healthcare Transparency Stats from Health Plan Executives – How the call for greater cost and quality transparency will affect health insurance plans.
The Case for Online Shopping for Healthcare Services – The argument for online healthcare shopping.
On-Demand Webinar Recordings
Meeting Member Demand for Healthcare Services Shopping - The average annual employee contribution for family healthcare has doubled between 2002 and 2012. With these higher healthcare costs comes the expectation of comparison shopping. As health plans are realizing this paradigm shift in their members’ buying expectations, many are starting to act. Will your organization be left behind?
Meeting Your Members’ Demand for Online Healthcare Shopping - Consumer expectations for comparison shopping are coming to healthcare. Many health plans are paying attention to this paradigm shift and starting to act. The competitive pressure is on. Will your organization be left behind?
Meeting Member’s Provider Search Demands in the Post-directory Era - Increasingly, consumers are expecting a more personalized approach – one that assists with their decision making process. Learn how other health plans are implementing “smart” provider search and hear how other plans around the country are meeting their members’ demands for capabilities in their online provider search tools.
Driving Consumer Healthcare Cost Reduction Through Comparison Shopping - Cambia Health Solutions’ Chief Innovation Officer, Mohan Nair, reveals how HealthSparq’s Treatment Cost Estimator (TCE) is used by health plans and consumers to realize substantial cost savings via comparison shopping for healthcare services.
Responding to Employer Pressure for More Engaging Transparency Solutions - In this special employer-focused webinar you will learn how to build a successful employer transparency solution by seeing sepcific examples of how other employers have been successful in building theirs.
Responding to Employer Pressure for More Engaging Transparency Solutions (Presented exclusively to Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans)- In this exclusive webinar HealthSparq discusses a health-plan-friendly option to transparency vendors who are directly approaching your employer accounts, sometimes with the angle that you are not doing a good enough job engaging employees with transparency solutions.
Preparing for the Transparency Revolution - Recently more than 180 executives from over 100 U.S. Health Plans revealed how they will harness transparency tools to lower costs and better serve their members in the new 2013 Healthcare Transparency Study. View this webinar to ensure your health plan is prepared for transparency changes.
Healthcare Transparency Solutions from HealthSparq -The healthcare system in the U.S. is in need of a transformation. As healthcare costs continue to rise, consumers need more information in order to make more informed healthcare decisions.
Transparency Best Practices with HealthSparq Solutions - During this webinar HealthSparq demonstrated how our healthcare transparency solutions engage health plan members and empower better healthcare decision making.
HealthSparq AHIP presentation: Healthcare Transparency Benchmark Study - Scott Decker offers feedback to health plans about how they can be more competitive in a changed reform environment.
How “My Blue Community” Drives Engagement for Blues - This webinar covers HealthSparq’s online health & wellness community.
- Piedmont Healthcare Selects Digital Assent to Deliver Online Doctor Ratings April 24, 2014ATLANTA, April 24, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Digital Assent, a healthcare technology company that helps doctors and hospitals improve patient satisfaction and grow their online reputation, today announced its participation in Piedmont Healthcare's latest initiative aimed at improving healthcare transparency. This week, Piedmont Healthcare became the second […]
- Ellis Medicine Winner of 2014 North America Enterprise Information and Master Data Management Excellence Award April 24, 2014Ellis Medicine was honored by Gartner, Inc. and awarded the 2014 Gartner Enterprise Information & MDM Excellence Award. The EI-MDM Excellence award recognizes world-class enterprise information management initiatives and shares successes, challenges and insights within the space.
- Strides in Preventive Healthcare Create Investment Opportunities, says Reynders, McVeigh Capital Management April 23, 2014Reynders, McVeigh Capital Management today issued a new insight paper, “Preventive Healthcare: Disruption in a Shifting Sector.” The paper notes that a nationwide emphasis on lower
- Spreemo's Cloud-Based Healthcare Marketplace Expands with Statewide Radiology Coverage in California April 23, 2014HOBOKEN, N.J., April 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Spreemo, a cloud-based healthcare marketplace, today announced it expanded with statewide radiology coverage in California. "To improve healthcare and tackle rising costs, we need to shift from price-driven to value-focused delivery models, which requires full transparency of price and quality," said Ro […]
- Avoiding Healthcare Cost With Pricing Transparency Hype April 22, 2014No less than two reports were published last week which fall loosely under the banner of healthcare pricing transparency. The first was Medscape's Physician Compensation Report for 2014 (here). The annual Medscape report is based on a survey of over 24,000 physicians in 25 specialties around a broad range of compensation issues – including satisfaction. […]
- Evive Health: Cost Transparency Tools Falling Short April 14, 2014Providers of healthcare cost transparency tools need to look beyond the cost factor alone if they are to advise patients effectively, research shows. (PRWeb April 14, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/04/prweb11757542.htm
- EmployerDirect Welcomes Jeff Gary as Executive Vice President of Business Development April 14, 2014EmployerDirect, a leader in value-based healthcare that helps large, self-insured employers provide transparency for the quality and cost of their employees' planned medical procedures, is pleased to welcome ...
- New SHEA Epi project winner to examine best practices in HAI surveillance April 10, 2014( Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America ) The Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America has announced Jason Lempp, M.P.H., CIC, as the winner of the third annual EPI Project Competition. Lempp was honored with the early investigator award for his project looking to determine if the Washington State Validation Protocol for central line-associate […]
- HealthEdge Surpasses Six Million Lives Under Contract For The HealthRules Product Suite April 7, 2014HealthEdge®, provider of the only integrated financial, administrative and clinical platform for healthcare payers, today announced that HealthEdge has reached an important milestone.
- Press Release April 7, 2014Today the pharmaceutical industry takes another step towards greater transparency by announcing payments made to healthcare professionals in 2013 as an aggregate figure.