Case Studies and Reports
Case Study: HealthSparq Treatment Cost Estimator Case Study – The Power of Price Transparency. Nearly $50 Million in Potential Cost Savings Shown When Health Plan Members Shop for Healthcare.
Research Report: Health Insurance Plans and Transparency: an Industry Benchmark - HealthSparq commissioned a first-of-its-kind benchmark study of healthcare transparency sentiment and plans as reported by health plan executives nationwide. The research was conducted by The Cicero Group, a respected independent market research firm in the healthcare industry.
Case Study: Portland Business Journal Case Study - One employer’s solution for managing increasing health care costs.
The Case for Online Shopping for Healthcare Services – As healthcare costs continue to rise, consumers who face increasing out-of-pocket costs are highly motivated to find ways to better manage their healthcare spend.
U.S. HEALTHCARE REFORM: The Call for Greater Cost and Quality Transparency. This 8-page document from HealthSparq details how healthcare reform relates to the need for increased transparency within the industry as a way to bring down costs and meet consumer demand.
Panel Discussion and Webinar Transcriptions
Infosys Public Services conducted this transcribed panel discussion on “creating a consistent and connected experience across the consumer lifecycle“.
The following is a transcribed excerpt of the Q&A from “Bringing Price Transparency to Healthcare”, a custom webinar presented on Aug. 26, 2014, by Modern Healthcare Custom Media and sponsored by the University of Phoenix.
The HealthSparq Value Chain – Bringing Online Shopping to Healthcare – HealthSparq’s cloud-based software solutions are rewriting the way people interact with the healthcare system – turning passive patients into empowered consumers.
Healthcare Transparency Stats from Health Plan Executives – How the call for greater cost and quality transparency will affect health insurance plans.
The Case for Online Shopping for Healthcare Services – The argument for online healthcare shopping.
On-Demand Webinar Recordings
PBJ Webinar: Reducing Healthcare Expenses and How to Make it Work for Your Company - One solution for controlling costs is offering high deductible health plans paired with health savings accounts. But to make these kinds of health plans really effective, employees must be equipped with tools that engage them in the cost and quality of their own healthcare decision making.
The New Transparency Marketplace: How Health Plans Are Preparing - New laws require your plan to adopt cost-comparison tools. But many health plans are implementing additional capabilities to leverage a transparency investment. In this webinar, healthcare experts from HTMS will share the strategies leading health plans are adopting, and outline key elements of competitive transparency strategies.
Meeting Member Demand for Healthcare Services Shopping - The average annual employee contribution for family healthcare has doubled between 2002 and 2012. With these higher healthcare costs comes the expectation of comparison shopping. As health plans are realizing this paradigm shift in their members’ buying expectations, many are starting to act. Will your organization be left behind?
Meeting Your Members’ Demand for Online Healthcare Shopping - Consumer expectations for comparison shopping are coming to healthcare. Many health plans are paying attention to this paradigm shift and starting to act. The competitive pressure is on. Will your organization be left behind?
Meeting Member’s Provider Search Demands in the Post-directory Era - Increasingly, consumers are expecting a more personalized approach – one that assists with their decision making process. Learn how other health plans are implementing “smart” provider search and hear how other plans around the country are meeting their members’ demands for capabilities in their online provider search tools.
Driving Consumer Healthcare Cost Reduction Through Comparison Shopping - Cambia Health Solutions’ Chief Innovation Officer, Mohan Nair, reveals how HealthSparq’s Treatment Cost Estimator (TCE) is used by health plans and consumers to realize substantial cost savings via comparison shopping for healthcare services.
Responding to Employer Pressure for More Engaging Transparency Solutions - In this special employer-focused webinar you will learn how to build a successful employer transparency solution by seeing sepcific examples of how other employers have been successful in building theirs.
Responding to Employer Pressure for More Engaging Transparency Solutions (Presented exclusively to Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans)- In this exclusive webinar HealthSparq discusses a health-plan-friendly option to transparency vendors who are directly approaching your employer accounts, sometimes with the angle that you are not doing a good enough job engaging employees with transparency solutions.
Preparing for the Transparency Revolution - Recently more than 180 executives from over 100 U.S. Health Plans revealed how they will harness transparency tools to lower costs and better serve their members in the new 2013 Healthcare Transparency Study. View this webinar to ensure your health plan is prepared for transparency changes.
AHIP 360 Stage Presentation: How Consumer Knowledge Can Transform the Customer Experience - Scott Decker and Don Antonucci discuss healthcare trends and the importance of consumer knowledge in an evolving industry that is quickly becoming more transparent and empowering consumers to make more informed healthcare decisions.
Healthcare Transparency Solutions from HealthSparq - The healthcare system in the U.S. is in need of a transformation. As healthcare costs continue to rise, consumers need more information in order to make more informed healthcare decisions.
Transparency Best Practices with HealthSparq Solutions - During this webinar HealthSparq demonstrated how our healthcare transparency solutions engage health plan members and empower better healthcare decision making.
HealthSparq AHIP presentation: Healthcare Transparency Benchmark Study - Scott Decker offers feedback to health plans about how they can be more competitive in a changed reform environment.
How “My Blue Community” Drives Engagement for Blues - This webinar covers HealthSparq’s online health & wellness community.
- National Research Corporation CMS Approved for CAHPS Hospice September 22, 2014LINCOLN, NEB. -- As part of greater undertaking of accountability and transparency throughout healthcare, National Research Corporation is pleased to announce its conditional approval by the Centers for ...
- d-Wise Leads the Way at the 10th Annual PhUSE Life Sciences Conference 2014 - October 12-15th in London September 17, 2014Leading life sciences and healthcare technology consultancy, d-Wise, takes an active leadership role in PhUSE Annual Conference on clinical trial data transparency. (PRWeb September 17, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/09/prweb12169370.htm
- Home Healthcare Market in Latin America Expected to Reach USD 17.5 Billion in 2020: Transparency Market Research September 16, 2014Transparency Market Research has published a new report titled "Latin America Home Healthcare Market: Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020" to its report store. (PRWeb September 16, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/09/prweb12162036.htm
- Radiofrequency Identification (RFID) Market in Healthcare is Expected to Reach USD 5.3 Billion Globally by 2020 ... September 15, 2014Transparency Market Research published a new report "Radiofrequency Identification (RFID) Market in Healthcare: Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast 2014 - 2020" to its report store. (PRWeb September 15, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/09/prweb12162061.htm
- Abortion Coverage Highlights Major Problems In Obamacare September 15, 2014Isn't that what the President said Obamacare was really all about; giving people healthcare choice?
- Medi-Cal official to leave healthcare post in January September 12, 2014The official who led California's giant public healthcare services department through a tumultuous implementation of Obamacare reforms -- including a months-long period during which hundreds of thousands of Medicaid applications have languished, waiting to be processed -- will depart his...
- Perkins+Will Expands Its Healthcare Practice September 9, 2014Perkins+Will Expands Its Healthcare Practice
- EmployerDirect Announces Appointments to Its Medical Advisory Board September 4, 2014EmployerDirect, a leader in value-based healthcare that helps large, self-insured employers provide transparency for the quality and cost of their employees' planned medical procedures, is pleased to announce ...
- Consumer Engagement Company Change Healthcare Names Jack Bruner Chief Marketing Officer August 27, 2014BRENTWOOD, Tenn., Aug. 27, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Change Healthcare, the market leader in consumer engagement and cost transparency, has named Jack Bruner its chief marketing officer. The veteran healthcare leader and innovator brings more than 30 years of experience and expertise to his new role. "I join Change Healthcare with the goal of providing indiv
- Avantas Recognized as a Standout Vendor in 2014 KLAS Human Capital Management Report August 27, 2014Avantas, a leading provider of strategic labor management technology, services and strategies for the healthcare industry, today announced it was identified as a standout vendor in