Case Studies and Reports
Case Study: Portland Business Journal Case Study - One employer’s solution for managing increasing health care costs.
Case Study: HealthSparq Treatment Cost Estimator Case Study – The Power of Price Transparency. Nearly $50 Million in Potential Cost Savings Shown When Health Plan Members Shop for Healthcare.
Research Report: Health Insurance Plans and Transparency: The Good, the Bad, and the Opportunity - For the second year in a row, HealthSparq commissioned a benchmark study on the adoption of transparency tools by health plans nationwide. This study compares the results from 2013 to 2014.
Research Report: Health Insurance Plans and Transparency: an Industry Benchmark - HealthSparq commissioned a first-of-its-kind benchmark study of healthcare transparency sentiment and plans as reported by health plan executives nationwide. The research was conducted by The Cicero Group, a respected independent market research firm in the healthcare industry.
The Case for Online Shopping for Healthcare Services – As healthcare costs continue to rise, consumers who face increasing out-of-pocket costs are highly motivated to find ways to better manage their healthcare spend.
U.S. HEALTHCARE REFORM: The Call for Greater Cost and Quality Transparency. This 8-page document from HealthSparq details how healthcare reform relates to the need for increased transparency within the industry as a way to bring down costs and meet consumer demand.
Panel Discussion and Webinar Transcriptions
Infosys Public Services conducted this transcribed panel discussion on “creating a consistent and connected experience across the consumer lifecycle“.
The following is a transcribed excerpt of the Q&A from “Bringing Price Transparency to Healthcare”, a custom webinar presented on Aug. 26, 2014, by Modern Healthcare Custom Media and sponsored by the University of Phoenix.
The HealthSparq Value Chain – Bringing Online Shopping to Healthcare – HealthSparq’s cloud-based software solutions are rewriting the way people interact with the healthcare system – turning passive patients into empowered consumers.
Healthcare Transparency Stats from Health Plan Executives – How the call for greater cost and quality transparency will affect health insurance plans.
The Case for Online Shopping for Healthcare Services – The argument for online healthcare shopping.
On-Demand Webinar Recordings
PBJ Webinar: Reducing Healthcare Expenses and How to Make it Work for Your Company - One solution for controlling costs is offering high deductible health plans paired with health savings accounts. But to make these kinds of health plans really effective, employees must be equipped with tools that engage them in the cost and quality of their own healthcare decision making.
The New Transparency Marketplace: How Health Plans Are Preparing - New laws require your plan to adopt cost-comparison tools. But many health plans are implementing additional capabilities to leverage a transparency investment. In this webinar, healthcare experts from HTMS will share the strategies leading health plans are adopting, and outline key elements of competitive transparency strategies.
Meeting Member Demand for Healthcare Services Shopping - The average annual employee contribution for family healthcare has doubled between 2002 and 2012. With these higher healthcare costs comes the expectation of comparison shopping. As health plans are realizing this paradigm shift in their members’ buying expectations, many are starting to act. Will your organization be left behind?
Meeting Your Members’ Demand for Online Healthcare Shopping - Consumer expectations for comparison shopping are coming to healthcare. Many health plans are paying attention to this paradigm shift and starting to act. The competitive pressure is on. Will your organization be left behind?
Meeting Member’s Provider Search Demands in the Post-directory Era - Increasingly, consumers are expecting a more personalized approach – one that assists with their decision making process. Learn how other health plans are implementing “smart” provider search and hear how other plans around the country are meeting their members’ demands for capabilities in their online provider search tools.
Driving Consumer Healthcare Cost Reduction Through Comparison Shopping - Cambia Health Solutions’ Chief Innovation Officer, Mohan Nair, reveals how HealthSparq’s Treatment Cost Estimator (TCE) is used by health plans and consumers to realize substantial cost savings via comparison shopping for healthcare services.
Responding to Employer Pressure for More Engaging Transparency Solutions - In this special employer-focused webinar you will learn how to build a successful employer transparency solution by seeing sepcific examples of how other employers have been successful in building theirs.
Responding to Employer Pressure for More Engaging Transparency Solutions (Presented exclusively to Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans)- In this exclusive webinar HealthSparq discusses a health-plan-friendly option to transparency vendors who are directly approaching your employer accounts, sometimes with the angle that you are not doing a good enough job engaging employees with transparency solutions.
Preparing for the Transparency Revolution - Recently more than 180 executives from over 100 U.S. Health Plans revealed how they will harness transparency tools to lower costs and better serve their members in the new 2013 Healthcare Transparency Study. View this webinar to ensure your health plan is prepared for transparency changes.
AHIP 360 Stage Presentation: How Consumer Knowledge Can Transform the Customer Experience - Scott Decker and Don Antonucci discuss healthcare trends and the importance of consumer knowledge in an evolving industry that is quickly becoming more transparent and empowering consumers to make more informed healthcare decisions.
Healthcare Transparency Solutions from HealthSparq - The healthcare system in the U.S. is in need of a transformation. As healthcare costs continue to rise, consumers need more information in order to make more informed healthcare decisions.
Transparency Best Practices with HealthSparq Solutions - During this webinar HealthSparq demonstrated how our healthcare transparency solutions engage health plan members and empower better healthcare decision making.
HealthSparq AHIP presentation: Healthcare Transparency Benchmark Study - Scott Decker offers feedback to health plans about how they can be more competitive in a changed reform environment.
How “My Blue Community” Drives Engagement for Blues - This webinar covers HealthSparq’s online health & wellness community.
- X-Ray Devices Market to Grow at a Modest CAGR of 5.2% between 2012 and 2018: Transparency Market Research December 19, 2014Albany, New York -- A new report on the global market of x-ray devices published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) states that the market, which observed demands for nearly 494.2 thousand x-ray devices ...
- Press Release December 19, 2014Each of these approaches draws on the growing availability of data and supports greater transparency by giving payers providers regulators and manufacturers the ability to access and leverage the same data stream.
- IMS Institute Identifies Innovative Payment Models for Pharmaceuticals at Forbes Healthcare Summit December 18, 2014New approaches for determining how much drugs should cost, and for setting the price for innovative treatments, were highlighted in a keynote presentation by Murray Aitken, IMS Health senior vice president and executive director of the IMS Institute for Healthcare Informatics, at the Forbes Healthcare Summit held earlier this month in New York City.
- PlanCompass.com Helps Consumers Find a Health Plan and Keep Their Doctors — in Seconds December 16, 2014Vericred, Inc., a healthcare startup bringing accuracy, efficiency and transparency to provider data, today launched PlanCompass.com, a website that helps consumers choose a health
- Animal Healthcare Market to Reach US$41,929.1 Million by 2019: Transparency Market Research December 16, 2014Transparency Market Research has announced the release of a report titled “Animal Healthcare Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2014 – 201
- Navigant Center for Healthcare Research and Policy Analysis Identifies Key Areas to Watch in 2015 December 12, 2014Next year, the healthcare system will be front and center as the Supreme Court rules on the constitutionality of health insurance exchange subsidies and changes to the Affordable Care Act continue.
- TripleTree Advises Change Healthcare in its Sale to Emdeon December 8, 2014TripleTree, LLC, a strategic advisor and merchant bank serving innovative and market-leading companies in healthcare, is pleased to announce that its client, Change Healthcare, has been acquired by Emdeon.
- PokitDok Launches E-commerce Site with Price Transparency Tools to Support New Consumer-Driven Healthcare System December 4, 2014Today at the Forbes Healthcare Summit, PokitDok unveiled a comprehensive site update with new enhancements created for U.S. consumers and health practitioners. The site introduces an expanded library of localized prices for non-acute healthcare procedures, appointment booking, extensive procedure and specialty search, plus support for real-time, flexible pay
- Transparency Market Research: Healthcare Information System Market to Register a 7.1% CAGR by 2019 November 26, 2014Transparency Market Research has recently added a latest report titled “Healthcare Information System Market (Application Based - Hospital Information system, pharmacy Information
- KLAS Report Rates TransUnion Healthcare's Patient Payment Estimation and Propensity to Pay Solutions the Highest of ... November 25, 2014TransUnion Healthcare announced today it has been rated the highest performing vendor by the KLAS 2014 Patient Access Report for its patient payment estimation and propensity to pay solutions.